Mercury Poisoning and Autism

 


Free Thermometer Retro photo and picture

My Personal Encounter with Mercury

I used to suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) several years ago for nearly twenty wretched years of my life. I was forced to quit my job as an elementary school teacher because of poor health and lack of energy. The root cause? Mercury fillings! When my sister and I both got this horrible type of silver amalgam fillings, my health slowly started to diminish over time. 

While my sister soon replaced her mercury amalgam fillings with something more pleasant-looking--porcelain fillings--and thus avoided the full nightmare, I, because I didn't make any drastic changes in regard to my fillings, suffered great damages in my health. How did I suffer? My energy was decreasing gradually and my immune system was also slowly becoming compromised. I was getting sick too easily and I was constantly consuming medication to kill colds as quickly as possible before the cold viruses developed fully and were impossible to kill at their strongest stage of development.

The Solution

When trying to figure out what was wrong with me, I first bought at a brick-and-mortar Barnes & Noble store The Detox Strategy, written by Brenda Watson, C.N.C. I did as she recommended: I ordered a toxicity test. Within a few days I got a little white carton box in my mailbox, followed the instructions, sent a sample of my urine in a clear plastic tube to a laboratory, and waited for the results. Four or five days later, I received an email from the lab informing me that I was extremely mercury toxic! I first had to remove from my mouth what was causing this toxicity: the offensive dental amalgam fillings.

How Dangerous Are Amalgam Fillings?

The best way to remove amalgam fillings is to find a dentist who is trained to remove them safely. So I searched around locally for a dentist who specializes in safely removing dental amalgam fillings, located one on Topanga and booked an appointment.  The side effects for removing amalgam fillings was immediate as a brain fog. But the benefits of replacing amalgam fillings were too many and obvious. However, before my health could even improve, it would worsen because the mercury poison was being removed from my body and causing internally a series of tiny "earthquakes."  

Yes, without a doubt, amalgam fillings are bad, toxic and dangerous for you, and absolutely do not belong in your mouth! Silver amalgam fillings are so damning and lethal that they can cause death, as the worst possible side effect. Moreover, "dental amalgam has been banned or phased out in over 50 countries." (environment.ec.europa.eu)

When my last amalgam filling was extracted and replaced with something far safer and better-looking, I went ahead and ordered a heavy metal herbal detox product from Brenda's online store and started detoxing soon for a couple of weeks.

Time of Experimentation

This is that time-period when I went crazy and experimented widely with many detox treatment products that were claimed to be highly effective, ranging from taking a finer form of bentonite clay tablets, detox foot patches, bentonite clay detox baths, pink Himalayan salt detox baths, to using an ionic foot detox machine. I was open to everything that could potentially remove mercury from my body.

But it was not until I found the legendary chemist, Andrew Hall Cutler's book at Amazon, Amalgam Illness Diagnosis and Treatment that I began a most serious detox treatment that lasted years.

1.  I first tried the DMPS heavy metal detox for 30 days.
2.  Then, I moved on to the DMSA heavy metal detox, which I took along with lipoic acid, but not together, including a host of vitamins in order to minimize the awful side effects from detoxing; I was detoxing 4 days straight and taking a break for 3 days to give my body enough time to recover.

It took me four solid years of constant detoxification to remove a great deal of mercury trapped inside my body, having spent thousands of dollars on expensive but highly effective mercury detoxification treatments. However, be fully aware that some of the mercury detoxification symptoms include extreme exhaustion and the tendency to have a metallic taste in your mouth for a while. It is advised to take a break of two to three days to give your body enough time to recover before resuming detoxifying mercury from the body.    

It was not immediate but a long period before I started to experience something resembling a recovery.  After continuous detoxification with the gradual disappearance of mercury, one day I woke up and felt a lot more energetic, as if I was now returning slowly to normal--to my old self--before I got those evil silver amalgam fillings!


Free Game Puzzle photo and picture

The Impossible Connection

How did I realize that there was a potential connection between autism and CFS? Since my sister never ever eliminated the mercury that she inevitably swallowed when she had her mercury fillings in her mouth, she would regularly display certain symptoms, which always fascinated me and made me wonder:

  • She would sleep a lot--like 10+ hours straight.
  • She would often--and still does--repeat herself--like autistic patients do! Echolalia, repeating oneself, is one of the early signs of autism.
  • She stubbornly and fiercely refuses treatment of any kind to remove what mercury that still remains inside her body; again, just like how all autistic patients behave toward any kind of detox treatment! This unusual dislike for any sort of treatment reflects autism spectrum disorder, and not the person; in fact, this attitude represents the autism disease doing the "talking," for nobody in their right mind wants to remain sick forever!
  • She's oversensitive and easily overreacts, displaying exaggerated anxieties, especially about criminal activities occurring in the neighborhood.
  • Her mental rigidity: "Rigidity of mind is a hallmark characteristic of autism spectrum disorder." (Source: Advanced Autism Services)
  • Her excessiveness: "An extreme black-and-white (or all-or-nothing) mental outlook is very common among autistic individuals." (Source: Autism Parenting Magazine)

Then, I considered my own recurring tendencies--common among autistics:

  • Intense focus on almost anything.
  • Unvarying adherence to daily routines, and the hatred of sudden holidays because they disrupt my usual day's smooth flow!
  • Hypersensitivity to noise and bright lights.
  • Aversion to physical contact such as hugs.
  • Poor hearing: "Hearing problems are significantly more common in autistic individuals than in the general population." (Source: The Transmitter)
Thus, it's my solemn belief that both autistic and CFS patients share the same underlying root cause--mercury poisoning. I continue to detox with zinc daily to remove remnants of mercury still stuck in my brain, for according to my understanding of Andrew Cutler's book(mentioned above), mercury never completely leaves one's body; so this lingering residue of mercury is so destructive and far-reaching in its severe side effects that I persist yet to exhibit "autistic-like traits."

Are my sister and I the missing puzzle piece for solving the autism-and-CFS enigma that has haunted, eluded and confounded the world for ages?

Moreover, if a former CFS patient can experience positive effects from taking something natural, and an autistic person also has a very similar experience after taking the same treatment, is this not further proof that both patients are perhaps suffering from the same root cause? Indulge me for a moment in this hypothetical before shooting it down mercilessly. The slightest possibility of its validity might amount to having hope of a possible recovery.



Free milkshake beverage drink illustration

Potential Remedy

Does there exist an autism treatment solution?

While I was treating my CFS by taking many detoxifying products and testing them separately for effectiveness, I discovered that when I began to take a liquid product containing cilantro, after a second amalgam filling was pulled out, my energy level jumped up moments after taking it! What I learned after some research was that cilantro helps to naturally neutralize the negative effect of mercury; and that is why my energy level improved almost instantly.  

One source states: "The ability of vegetables to inhibit methylmercury absorption was verified with the aim of lowering the mercury level in cultured fish." (ScienceDirect.com) A second source states:  "Vegetables neutralize and eliminate mercury from the human body using specific compounds like glutathione, sulfur-containing amino acids (like cysteine and methionine), and bioactive antioxidants. These molecules act as natural chelators, binding to mercury to safely escort it out of your system while preventing oxidative tissue damage." (National Institute of Health .gov). These statements show clearly that any vegetable drink has the ability to reduce and even remove entirely the overwhelming negative impact of mercury poisoning.  I know first hand how incredibly difficult and challenging it is to eliminate mercury from one's body

Also, after chatting with a health store manager who used to suffer from CFS like me and learning that she had naturally healed herself of her CFS by consuming regularly a veggie drink, I grew more firmly convinced of how powerful a veggie/cilantro drink could be for treating the mercury trapped inside anyone's body

Hypothesis

I theorize that if any young or older autistic and CFS patient is given regular doses of cilantro, blended with a cup of water, three times daily for a whole month, that those who follow this regimen would eventually experience a reduction in their overall symptoms. As far as I know, this natural autism detox smoothie juice is perfectly safe to consume in the long term. It can literally be any other green vegetable such as parsley or kale blended with water or juice.

My Question

Do you believe people should just give up and embrace autism and CFS completely and forget any ridiculous notion of a possible cure?  


Impact-Site-Verification: 5051ff87-5282-433d-9fa2-60b772aa2442